1. Respect yourself. Then, respect others.
2. Listen, even to nonsense.
3. Don’t engage in fruitless debates and wear yourself out, especially when you find that minds are made up.
4. Don’t squander yourself.
5. Look for fresh ways of doing old things.
6. Don’t ever expect the other person to agree with you always, especially when there are divergent goals.
7. Keep yourself company so that your mind won’t be lonely.
8. Make sure your food and your drink are your medicine.
9. Don’t allow your music to become noise. Don't admit noise into your life.
10. Behave; who knows who may be studying you?
11. Work fully this crude machine that is you.
12. Know that your body is a mere habitation; always be ready to step out of it.
13. Always remember to thank yourself whenever you do good.